Legal Services

Brenda brings over 35 years of experience as a trial lawyer and a deep understanding of the law to a variety of Family Law services to help you get the outcome you and your family deserve.

Family Law

Wills & Probate

Family Mediation

Contested Divorce

When spouses cannot come to an agreement on how to end their marriage. Disagreements are usually over issues such as child custody or the division of marital assets. Contested divorces are usually more stressful, more expensive, and end up in trial, but are sometimes unavoidable.

Uncontested Divorce

When spouses have no major disagreements about the issues involved in ending their marriage, but need assistance legally ending it. Uncontested divorces cost less money and allow each person to move on with their lives more quickly.

Child Custody

Disputes over legal custody of a child are about which parent has the legal right to make decisions about a child’s upbringing.

Child Custody Modification

Sometimes legal custody of a child needs to be changed as circumstances in the child’s life or in a parent’s life or actions warrants a change in the child’s best interest.

Parenting Time Modification

If you want to modify parenting time or the parenting plan without changing legal custody. This could be because of things like change in parental work schedule or a change in one parent’s behavior meriting more or less time with the child than originally agreed.

Parental Relocation

After a parenting plan has been approved, if one parent wishes to relocate a child away from the other parent, the other parent may object to the move because of its potential effect on a child or their relationship with a child.

Child Support Modification

If one parent has a significant change in income, either positive or negative, or a child’s needs drastically change, the amount of child support owed to the primary custodial parent may need to be modified.

Child Support Enforcement

If a parent who is obligated to pay child support stops payment, legal action can be taken to compel the parent to pay the support.

Marital Dissolution Agreement (MDA) Enforcement

When two people finalize their divorce, an agreement is made that settles the issues disputed in the divorce. If one party does not abide by this agreement, the other party can take legal action to compel them to follow the agreement.

Contempt Petitions

If you enter into a legal agreement with another person and they do not follow the terms of the agreement, a contempt petition asks the court to hold that person accountable for being in violation of the agreement.

Draft Wills

A Will is a legal document that reflects your wishes about what should happen to your assets and property after you have passed away.

Modify Wills

If you have an existing Will, but want the contents of the Will to be changed or want to make sure your Will is valid, clear, legally sound, and will ensure your wishes are followed correctly.

General Durable Powers of Attorney

If you are unable to act on your own behalf, Power of Attorney gives someone you trust the legal authority to handle your property, legal affairs, business affairs, or financial affairs on your behalf.

Healthcare Agent Designations

If you are unable to make medical decisions for yourself, like Power of Attorney this gives someone you trust the legal authority to make health care decisions for you based on your wishes.

Probate Wills

Probate is the court-supervised process every Will goes through after the person who made it passes away that determines if the Will is valid and legally sound and then acts according to the Will’s wishes.

Probate Estates Without Will

Even if a person does not have a Will, when they pass away their estate goes through the probate process according to legal statutes.

Muniments of Title

The title to a house can be transferred without opening a full estate. A muniment of title gives a person proof of legal ownership of an asset.

Get A Free Consultation Today

(615) 649-6841

1224 2nd Avenue South, Suite #102
Nashville, TN 37210

Open Monday-Friday from 8am-5pm